Is Coconut Oil Really Effective for Hair Growth?
All the styling, sun damage, pollution, or internal body issues contribute to weak, brittle, stunted hair growth, thinning hair or worst, Hair Loss.
Once we experience this, we often resort to brands mostly advertised on TV or over-the-counter hair products that are laden with harsh chemicals which may make your hair condition worse and cause you an empty purse.
But nothing created in a laboratory will ever come close to replacing what is already made available by nature: the Coconut Oil. It is a well-known effective hair growth treatment cheaply available worldwide.
The coconut oil has plenty of nourishing nutrients in it that are so good in our body and scalp.
It has starchy potassium, booming iron, good minerals and fats that can help strengthen our scalp from the hair strands up to the inside roots. Coconut Oil has antioxidants and some antifungal properties that will prevent itchiness from our head.
The Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
1. Studies show that coconut oil is better than sunflower oil and mineral oil because it reduces protein loss which leads to hair fall and dull looking hair.
Coconut oil is good at keeping protein packed into your hair.
2. Coconut Oil helps reduce breakage from combing, brushing or detangling Hair.
3. It also contains iron, potassium, anti-oxidants and vitamins E and K, which leave hair thicker, softer, shinier and healthier.
4. Coconut oil stimulates hair re-growth by penetrating deep within the hair follicles and replenishing moisture back into your hair and scalp.
5. It can also improve blood circulation when massaged onto the scalp by guaranteeing that the hair gets the nutrients and oxygen that it deserves to be a stronger strand like no other.
How to Use Coconut Oil to Prevent Hair Loss or Reverse Baldness?
1. Use Coconut Oil as a leave-in conditioner for all types of hair by finding the right amount to apply for your hair especially to the shaft and the end, and continue styling.
- If you have a coconut oil in a solid form, make sure to use a spoon to scoop it to prevent germs from entering the coconut oil container.
- Then rub it between your hands so it melts into an oil at body temperature.
- You can also melt your coconut oil by setting the jar in hot water.
- If you have thin hair, use coconut oil sparingly as it can weigh hair down and make it look limp.
- Remember, a little goes a long way.
- 2. If you have fun hair adventures of changing your hair color every now and then, use coconut oil as a deep conditioner or intensive conditioner to prep your hair from all the damage you are about to experience from coloring or dying your hair.
You can deep condition your hair every night for two weeks straight until your salon appointment.
Just start rubbing it through your hair towards your roots to help hair growth process.
The roots are where growth begins so that’s really important. You can leave it in your hair for a couple of hours or leave it overnight and just shampoo in the morning but make sure to wear a hair cap when on bed to avoid the oil from sticking to your mattress or pillows.
3. As we can notice on most anti-hair fall shampoos in our homes and in the supermarket, virgin coconut oil is present in each and every single one of them.
That’s because coconut oil is the most known ingredient that prevents and cures hair loss in the human race. Even though there is a coconut ingredient in your shampoo, you can also use some coconut oil combined with conditioner to make your hair a lot softer and shinier than ever.
- To make this, you should add four table spoons of your favorite fragrant conditioner and mix it with three table spoons of pressed coconut oil.
- Massage the compound into your hair and just relax your scalp by doing it very well. Don’t worry if you’re on doubt in this treatment and still asking if how you can effectively us it.
- Just use the mixture like a regular conditioner, that’s it.
- Massage the coconut oil conditioner from your temple, sidelines, back of your head to reach the maximum level of experience given by this combination.
4. Not just with Conditioner, you can also use Shampoo mixed with coconut oil to stimulate the Follicles, Hair, and scalp and fight Hair Loss.
- Just mix equal amount of extra virgin coconut oil and your all-time favorite shampoo.
- Use it like your regular shampoo leaving it for a few minutes to allow the hair to absorb the nutrients from the coconut oil.
- Wash your hair carefully to avoid the coconut oil from clogging the pores of your hair.
- If you’ve got serious brittle, dry and dull hair, moisturize it by adding coconut oil into your favorite conditioner just like the previous tip.
5. Coconut Oil can be used as a relatively low cost DIY hair growth treatment right at the comfort of your home.
- Start the Hair Growth treatment by washing the warm water with hair while also melting the coconut oil jar in another set of warm water.
- When the Coconut Oil is already in liquid form, use the tips of your fingers to put coconut oil smoothly on your scalp.
- Putting the coconut oil in circles into the scalp boosts blood circulation and supports hair growth.
- It is better to massage the coconut oil into the scalp with gentle pressure for 10 minutes.
- Then comb the hair with oil, place the shower cap above it, and you can choose whether you leave it on overnight or not.
- Jump to the shower the next morning and rinse warm water with hair to quickly remove oil from hair.
- Use natural, sulfate free shampoo and dry with towel. You won’t need to condition your hair anymore as coconut oil serves the same functions. Repeat every other day and achieve faster hair growth in no time.
6. Level up the previous DIY Hair Growth treatment and Lemon Juice.
- Mix the aforementioned Hair Growth treatment with juice of lemon the ratio of 2:1 and follow the same instructions – massage, comb, leave on for a couple of hours or overnight and wash off with cold water and with all-natural shampoo free of Sulphate.
- Again, the main use conditioner is not necessary because the coconut oil and lemon juice treatment has already served the same purpose.
- You can also substitute lemon juice with almond oil, castor oil or olive oil if lemon juice feels acidic or irritating on your hair.
7. Another variety of the previously mentioned Hair Growth treatment formula is Coconut Oil with essential oils such as Basil oil, Lavender oil, Peppermint oil, Rosemary oil, Sandal wood oil or ylang ylang.
My personal favorite among these essential oils is rosemary oil because it aids in the circulation of the scalp so you don’t need to massage your hair as much as compared to other formula mentioned before and you will still get the same fantastic results. It is also known to increase new hair growth over 20%.
- Begin making the treatment by mixing ½ teaspoon of melted coconut oil and also ½ of each essential oils in a container or as desired.
- Smoothly brush mixture through hair and massage in circles. Leave on for an hour or overnight with shower cap, and shampoo hair the next morning. Apply this treatment at least once a week.
8. If CoConut Oil combined with other Oils sound too oily and greasy for you, you can actually make your own hair mask.
Although there are many hair masks available in many beauty shops or supermarkets, they are way expensive and may contain harsh chemicals.
It’s all natural and very cheap. Make this DIY mask by melting coconut oil with the measure of 2 tablespoons and stirring in dried gooseberry with a measure of 1 tablespoon.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain and cool down. Then apply onto your scalp and stay on over the night with a cap to avoid staining your pillows and mattress.
- Wash off with lukewarm water the next morning, washing it with all-natural shampoo, and dry it with a towel. Do it two times every week for a great hair growth solution.
You Might Light: These Laser Products for Home Use May Reverse Baldness
9. If Indian gooseberries sounds hard to find, you can actually make a coconut oil hair mask with Avocado.
Avocado contains Vitamin E that helps stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss. It is also great in moisturizing and plumping up dry lifeless hair.
- Make this treatment by warming enough coconut oil for your hair and mixing it with ½ ripe avocado to produce a puree. You can use a food processor for this process or manually mash the avocado and coconut oil with a spoon.
- Then run the mixture through your hair and massage onto your scalp and tips for about five minutes.
- Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with water and shampoo.
- You can apply this hair growth mask three times a week.
10. Another easy DIY Hair Mask is the Coconut Oil and Wild Honey hair mask.
- Just heat up on a stove or microwave same sizes or amounts of fresh coconut oil and some wild honey for 1 minute or less to liquefy the mixture.
- Massage the mixture to hair and inner part or your scalp and put above it your cap that you use in your shower time, and make it stay for 40 minutes for maximum usage.
- Jump in the shower, shampoo and then you are left with softer, more luxurious hair that is full of life and shine.
- Repeat the procedure twice a week. Optional: mix in couple drops of some peppermint and juice of lemons for more benefits.
11. If you don’t have access to jarred Coconut Oil or you want to spend even less money, try Coconut Milk as a hair loss remedy.
- First, grate a piece of coconut to extract the milk.
- Then add in some water and strain to not include coconut flakes from getting onto the hair.
- Apply coconut milk mixture on your scalp and comb it throughout your hair starting at the roots.
- Let it stay there for a couple of hours or even overnight. Wash off with warm water, shampoo well and dry with towel.
- Do this cheap but effective hair loss solution daily for maximum benefit.
12. And the last but not the least is to incorporate coconut oil in your regular cooking or baking or even coffee habits in order to eat for your best hair health as well as improve overall health.
Let the magic of coconut oil work its way from inside out. Adding some splash of coconut oil in your salad or on your meal will give you maximum benefits especially in your hair.
Preventing and curing hair loss will not only rely on what you put in your hair but also on what you eat every single day.
So make sure that you eat well and you will surely stop the power of Baldness
Below are some Videos Worth Watching about using Coconut Oil for Hair Growth.
1. DIY Garlic and Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
( Video Credit: beautyklove)
2. Coconut Oil and Shea Butter
Video Credit: AlopeciaFreewithJass
The Bottom Line
So what are you waiting for? You should definitely try using the Coconut Oil onto your hair today and your hide and seek with the affordable hair loss prevention treatment will be finally over!
After including coconut oil in the ways above, you will surely save a lot of money from buying expensive products on salon or dermatology centers.
Take advantage of nature’s simple yet effective beauty solution.
Fight hair loss with coconut oil and let it help you in your hair growth journey.
Plus, get extremely soft, full of life, really shiny, bouncy and silky hair that is 10x healthier than ever before with regular use.
More good news is, it is safe to use on men, women and children. Add it to your beauty regimen and achieve all these.